Subject: [wsrp-interop] to clone or not to clone?

Title: [wsrp-interop] to clone or not to clone?

Another thing that has come up in my testing the Oracle consumer is that it accesses some
public offered portlets using StateChange.readOnly.

Currently, this causes a portlet fault (and at best would give degraded behaviour for some portlets).

This is due to our setting PortletDescription.hasUserSpecificState to false. In my view, this only declares that the
portlet does not always contain user specific state (and who is the stateless user anyway?), signalling that a
clone() is not desired up-front.

However, such portlets should still be accessed carefully (i.e. using StateChange.cloneBeforeWrite if not cloned first)?

StateChange.read-only, for me, means public (static) pages or design time viewing.

regards,
Andre