Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] MIME attributes

Title:
For non-URL encoded POST requests to a portlet action, we forward all the mime headers as attributes and the entire POST body as the data. That way, e.g. the JSR 168 portlet can parse the multipart form message from its input stream. It's the only way we can support the behaviour required by the JSR 168 interfaces anyway.

Dave

Andre Kramer wrote:
RE: [wsrp-interop] MIME attributes

I'd say "content-disposition" with value "..." etc but forwarding such attributes is optional, and they may well be substituted with logical name/value pairs derived from the mime info. For example, we previously discussed a "filename" attribute that models the resource name on the client as a common use case. At least, that's all I forward now.

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Subbu Allamaraju [mailto:subbu@bea.com]
Sent: 31 July 2003 16:09
To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-interop] MIME attributes

What's the interpretation of mimeAttributes in UploadContext?

Taking an example HTTP request body from RFC1867, the first part has a
form param and the second has a file.

--AaB03x
content-disposition: form-data; name="field1"

Joe Blow
--AaB03x
content-disposition: form-data; name="pics"; filename="file1.txt"

... contents of file1.txt ...
--AaB03x--

In this example, what are mimeAttributes? The header fields (eg
"content-disposition" with value "..."), or the name-value pairs that
may be present in a header?

Regards,

Subbu

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php