Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] fault message from IBM test portlet

Hi Takao,

seems that I found the problem.
Our producer throws the NPE if  markupCharacterSets in MarkupParams are not
set.
This is a bug on our side of course.
As a workaround could you send
<markupCharacterSets>UTF-8</markupCharacterSets> for now?
We need to fix this and update our producer.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Takao Mohri      |
|         |           <mohri.takao@jp.f|
|         |           ujitsu.com>      |
|         |           09/11/2003 06:29 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:       WSRP interop sc <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] fault message from IBM test portlet                                                                           |

Hi Richard,

Thank you for detailed checking.
I found some bugs in my consumer and fixed them.
But, I still have the same problem.

The attached file is a new log after I had fixed bugs.
I would appreciate if you could check this again.

Regards,
Takao

p.s.
some comments inline.

Richard Jacob wrote:

> Hi Takao,
>
> I haven't found the source of the problem yet, would need to debug it.
> However I see some nonconformant message elements in your request.
> Maybe these are causing our stack to crash:
> - in RegContext, regState is not nillable but is minocurs=0
> - in PortletContext, portletState us not nillable
> - in RuntimeContext, templates are not nillable
> - in MarkupParams, navState and validateTag are not nillable

These four problems are bug(?) of axis 1.0.
Now I have switched to axis 1.1, and these problems disappeared.

> - in InteractionParams, I wonder where the formParams come from? Since
you
> are invoking the simple action link. There is no form to be submitted.

This is a bug of my implementation. I've fixed it.

> However I cannot surely say whether these really a causing the problem.
> I would suggest to start by eliminating/fixing the nonconformant first.
If

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

> .
>
> #### performBlockingInteraction_20030908_19_26_18.log has been removed
from
> this note on September 10, 2003 by Richard Jacob

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php
.

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php
.

#### performBlockingInteraction_20030911_11_58_49.log has been removed from
this note on September 12, 2003 by Richard Jacob

ATTSKDYN