Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] Demo suggestions

Title: RE: [wsrp-interop] Demo suggestions

I would focus on the aggregation capability. I've several times demonstrated a portal accessing portlets from multiple remote sites together in one page. Then add in another portlet, simply by entering its wsdl url in a self-administration dialog, saying something like "look, no code". This usually gets a very positive response.

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Freedman [mailto:Michael.Freedman@oracle.com]
Sent: 23 October 2003 00:50
To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-interop] Demo suggestions

For discussion tomorrow.... I have been tasked with providing an initial
proposal for an Interop demo [page].  As I mentioned last week I have
decided to first suggest what we want to be able to demonstrate and then
once there is agreement allow individual companies to propose specific
samples they either already have or would build.  For the time being I
have restricted this list to 6 "features" to fit the estimated
presentation/demonstration time.

WSRP is web services standard for .... The demonstration should show:
a) value of building portlets as web services
b)  the fundamental features of WSRP

Demo for the value of building portlets as a web service:
a) Demonstrate interoperability and ability to service > 1 Portal.  To
do this we merely need a [showy] portlet simultaneously displayed in
various consumers.

Fundamental features of WSRP
a) Portlet display -- already demonstrated by above -- this
demonstration should show [some] use of WSRP styles so consumer UI
consistency can be touched upon.
b) Portlet actions -- need a portlet with an action
c) Portlet customizations -- need a portlet that can be customized
d) Portlet Modes -- demonstrated as part of (c)

     -Mike-