Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] Re: [wsrp-conformance] follow-up: templates

I agree with Andre.
As I stated in onother posting (seems we broke the thread), the consumer
must deal with this issues anyway (therfor I don't see any additonal value
in producer replacing with "").

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           11/11/2003 03:24 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-interop] Re: [wsrp-conformance] follow-up: templates                                                                   |

We seem to be in danger of introducing considerable complexity. Why not
just allow both replace by (1) "" and (2) leave as is ({wsrp-xyz} allowed
in urls in markup)? It seems much simpler for the consumer to handle both
(1 & 2) and guards against errors (such as a producer not looking for a
"wsrp-url" in a defaultTemplate when used for an action).

That way we maximize interoperability and remove any need for extra
conformance statements (that need errata to the spec).

regards,
Andre