Subject: on initCookies and sessionID

One of the engineers in my group (punished with implementing WSRP) came to me with the following questions and I could not find an answer for her. I would like to know what is your opinion on this and how are you handling this scenario.

Thanks

Alejandro

* Producer requires initCookie.
* Consumer uses more than one portlet from the producer for
the portal page of a user.
* initCookie has been called upfront.
* performBlockingInteraction and/or getMarkup have returned a sessionID

Q1. Is there any required relationship between the cookies returned by initCookie and the sessionID returned by the markup interface calls?

Q2. If a call returns an InvalidCookie fault, should the consumer discard the sessionID?

Q3. If a call returns an InvalidSession fault, should the consumer call initCookie again?

If the answer is 'no' to all the questions, then the following sections of the spec make things more confusing:

P27/L27 "If the Producer returns an InvalidSession fault message after returning a sessionID, the Consumer MUST NOT resupply that sessionID on a subsequent invocation and SHOULD reinvoke the operation that caused the fault message without any sessionID and supply any data that may have been stored in the session."

P44/L6 "If at any time the Producer throws a fault message (“InvalidCookie”) indicating the supplied cookies have been invalidated at the Producer, then the Consumer MUST again invoke initCookie() and SHOULD reprocess the invocation that caused the fault message to be thrown and include any data that may have been stored in a session related to a cookie"

P77/Table,Row=InvalidCookie "InvalidCookie Used only when the environment at the Producer has timed out AND the Producer needs the Consumer to invoke initCookie() again and resend data that may have been stored in sessions related to a cookie."

P77/Table,Row=InvalidSession "Used only when a Producer session has timed out AND the Producer needs the Consumer to invoke resend data that may have been cached in the session."