Subject: draft change request

Here is a draft for the change request I was asked to draft. I know this is stronger than some would prefer, but hopefully it gives us a good strawman for the discussion.Document: Spec

Section: 10.2.2 (Producer URL Writing)
Requested by: Interop SC

Old text: These tokens are enclosed in curly braces (i.e. “{” and “}”) and contain the name of the portlet URL parameter that should be replaced.

New text: These tokens are enclosed in curly braces (i.e. “{” and “}”) and contain the name of the portlet URL parameter which the Producer MUST replace (using "" for those parameters where the Producer has no value).

Errata?

Reasoning: The current ambiguity will make for a lot of additional Consumer logic to protect itself.