Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] IBM WebSphere Portal producer available

When the registration port is not exposed, the spec leaves the registration issues dependent on the value of the of the requiresRegistration metadata. If this has a value of true, then out-of-band registration is required. If its value is false, then a registrationHandle is not required.

Rich Thompson

Takao Mohri <mohri.takao@jp.fujitsu.com>

12/23/2003 04:27 AM

WSRP interop sc <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-interop] IBM WebSphere Portal producer available

Hi Richard,

Due to our limited resources, we are now trying to connect
the the IBM WebSphere Portal producer.

I found that this producer omits the Registraition Port.
As far as I understand the spec, in this case, we have to use
some out-of-band way to get a registrationHandle.

In this case, what the consumer should do ?
Should the consumer ask a user to input a regitrationHandle ?
or Is it allowed for the consumer to decide some 'appropriate'
registrationHandle by itself ? (a randome string, an empty string, etc)

Best regards,
Takao