Subject: Re: FW: sample for Consumer

I would suggest working directly with those supporting the various Producers as answering such questions frequently involves examining message traces to see what actually travelled down the wire to determine where there is a problem. Ideally these discussions happen on the wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list as this also helps identify areas of the spec we need to clarify as we go forward. If you sign up as an observer for wsrp, you will be able to sign up for this list. Once you get that access, let me know and I will change your status such that you will be able to post to the list.

As to this explicit question, I do not know why you would be getting an invalidSession fault. As to why it works to not pass the sessionID to the performBlockingInteraction() invocation, sessions are always a best effort to maintain user state at the Producer. Both the Consumer and Producer can trash these at any point they need to (usually related to garbage collection when a server is running low on resources). The result is that the Producer will instantiate a new session with a resulting loss of end-user state, but not a functional breakdown of the protocol.

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Yorktown Heights, NY
Phone: (914) 945-3225 / (203) 445-0384    email: richt2@us.ibm.com

"Billy Yuen \(MTCSV\)" <billyy@microsoft.com>

03/12/2004 02:40 AM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
FW: sample for Consumer

When I called the performBlockingInteraction without the SessionID, then it works.  What does it mean?  If so, why do they return a SessionID?