Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] SAP Consumer interaction with other Producers

Hi Richard/Andre,

Thanks a lot for the info, the sample both of you sent did solve the problem.

Regards,

Avi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jacob [mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 6:29 PM
To: Klein, Avi
Cc: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Avi,

welcome to the interop SC.

"Klein, Avi" <avi.klein@sap.com> wrote on 03/15/2004 04:34:17 PM:

> The following messages are the messages exchanged by my environment
> (Consumer) and Oracle Producer, I have tested different sort of
> messages in order to find out what is wrong. As you can see below I'
> ve tried different combinations (even xsi:nil="true"  RPC style) but
> could not make it work (except for Citrix). I would appreciate any
> help in understanding what is wrong.
>
> Request#1:
>                 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>                                 <prt0:getServiceDescription xmlns:
> prt0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
>                                 </prt0:getServiceDescription>
>                 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Here, the RegistrationContext is missing. Therefore the serializer fails on
Oracle's side.
There must be a RegistrationContext present, however it may be "nill".

> --------------------
> Request#2:
>                 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>                                 <prt0:getServiceDescription xmlns:
> prt0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
>                                                 <prt0:
> registrationContext xsi:nil="true"/>
>                                                 <prt0:desiredLocales
> xsi:nil="true"/>
>                                 </prt0:getServiceDescription>
>                 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Here the desired locales are "nill" which is not allowed.
Desired locales are "minOccurs=0", i.e. may not be sent at all.

> --------------------
> Request#3:
>                 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>                                 <prt0:getServiceDescription xmlns:
> prt0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">

<prt0:registrationContext/>
>                                                 <prt0:desiredLocales/>
>                                 </prt0:getServiceDescription>
>                 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

here RegistrationContext misses the required field PortletHandle.

> --------------------
> Request#4:
>                 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>                                 <prt0:getServiceDescription xmlns:
> prt0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">

<prt0:registrationContext/>
>                                 </prt0:getServiceDescription>
>                 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

here RegistrationContext misses the required field PortletHandle.

Bottom line is: none of the requests is valid against the
wsrp_v1_types.xsd, therefore the deserializers (correctly) fail and return
fault messages.

In your case if you call getServiceDescription the first time (not reg'd
yet) it should look something like this (not a complete message follows):
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <prt0:getServiceDescription
xmlns:prt0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
            <prt0:registrationContext xsi:nil="true"/>
     </prt0:getServiceDescription>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

Hope this helps.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com