Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Questions about Oracle consumer

Correct, and I also didn't notice an implicit clone, i.e. we didn't receive
a new portlet handle when logging in with a different user (and we don't
have the cloneBeforeWrite stateChange flag set).
It seems that you handle your "clones" internally and address them like
userContextKey+POP handle (and + registration).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Rich Thompson
             <richt2@us.ibm.co
                                       wsrp-interop
             03/30/2004 09:14          <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsrp-interop] Questions about
                                       Oracle consumer

I just noticed the comment about supporting implicit cloning while not
supporting the PortletManagement interface. This directly violates one of
the MUSTs of the spec ... the requirement is there as without this
interface, there is no way for the Consumer to clean up the cloned
portlets.

Rich

 David Chiu
 <david.chiu@sun.com>

 03/30/2004 01:58 PM                             David Ward
                                                 <david.ward@oracle.com>
                                                                        cc
                                                 wsrp-interop
                                                 <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis
                                                 -open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                                 Re: [wsrp-interop]
                                                 Questions about Oracle
                                                 consumer

David Ward wrote:

David Chiu wrote:
Hi,

I am using Oracle consumer (http://portalstandards.oracle.com) to point to
Sun producer.  There are 2 unexpected behaviors that I observed.  All the
tests I did was through a log-in user.

1.  Consumer rewriting is not done properly:  In the response part of the
attached log file, the markup has the following string
"wsrp_rewrite?wsrp-urlType=blockingAction/wsrp_rewrite" in it.  And the
string meant to be rewritten by the consumer.  However, the rewritting is
not done for some unknown reason even if the requiresUrlRewriting in the
response is set to "true".  Any idea what went wrong?
There seems to be a bug in our code where tokenized URLs that don't carry
any other parameters (apart from urlType) do not get rewritten. Could you
try passing yourself some dummy interaction state or pass a value for the
secure parameter? We will try to get a fix out for this soon.

2.  InteractionParams.portletStateChange is specified to "readOnly": When
Oracle consumer request a perfromBlockingInteraction operation, it sends
the portletStateChange as "readOnly" even for logged in user.  Is this an
expected behavior?
Does your service support registration? It is our policy not to support
state management for services that do not support registration (Mike can
explain why!).

Or if your service doesn't support cloning, we also don't permit state
changes on the producer-offered portlet handles, since these are read only
by definition.
Our producer do support registration and we implicitly clone the portlets
once a new user with a new userContextKey request come in.  However, our
producer does not support the Portlet Management Interface.  Can you please
clarify what do you mean by "doesn't support cloning"?

Regards,
David.

Thanks.

Regards,
David.
Cheers

David

==============
Listen Port: 80
Target Host: map19.demo.iplanet.com
Target Port: 81
==== Request ====
POST /portal/wsrp/router/markup/default HTTP/1.1
Host: map19.demo.iplanet.com
Connection: TE
TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress
Expect: 100-continue

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns:ns0="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types"><env:Body><ns0:getMarkup><ns0:registrationContext><ns0:registrationHandle>HUF5LAYAAAAABQASGFQQAAA</ns0:registrationHandle></ns0:registrationContext><ns0:portletContext><ns0:portletHandle>PrefPortlet</ns0:portletHandle></ns0:portletContext><ns0:runtimeContext><ns0:userAuthentication>wsrp:password</ns0:userAuthentication><ns0:portletInstanceKey>34_39738_34_31863_31875</ns0:portletInstanceKey><ns0:namespacePrefix>__ns34_39738

_34_31863_31875_</ns0:namespacePrefix><ns0:sessionID>SUMYONG@YAHOO.COM[1
]</ns0:sessionID></ns0:runtimeContext><ns0:userContext><ns0:userContextKey>
SUMYONG@YAHOO.COM[1
]</ns0:userContextKey><ns0:profile/></ns0:userContext><ns0:markupParams><ns0:secureClientCommunication>false</ns0:secureClientCommunication><ns0:locales>en-us</ns0:locales><ns0:mimeTypes>text/html</ns0:mimeTypes><ns0:mimeTypes>text/xml</ns0:mimeTypes><ns0:mimeTypes>text/vnd.oracle.mobilexml</ns0:mimeTypes><ns0:mode>wsrp:edit</ns0:mode><ns0:windowState>wsrp:maximized</ns0:windowState><ns0:clientData><ns0:userAgent>Mozilla/5.0
 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-3<
;/ns0:userAgent><ns0:extensions><oracle:GenericExtension xmlns:oracle="
http://xmlns.oracle.com/portal/wsrp/v1";><ns0:NamedString
name="X-Oracle-Device.Orientation"><ns0:value>landscape</ns0:value></ns0:NamedString><ns0:NamedString

name="X-Oracle-Device.MaxDocSize"><ns0:value>0</ns0:value></ns0:NamedString><ns0:NamedString

name="X-Oracle-Device.Class"><ns0:value>pcbrowser</ns0:value></ns0:NamedString><ns0:NamedString

name="X-Oracle-Device.Secure"><ns0:value>false</ns0:value></ns0:NamedString></oracle:GenericExtension></ns0:extensions></ns0:clientData><ns0:markupCharacterSets>windows-1252</ns0:markupCharacterSets><ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:view</ns0:validNewModes><ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:edit</ns0:validNewModes><ns0:validNewModes>wsr

p:help</ns0:validNewModes><ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:normal</ns0:validNewWindowStates><ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:maximized</ns0:validNewWindowStates><ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:minimized</ns0:validNewWindowStates></ns0:markupParams></ns0:getMarkup></env:Body></env:Envelope>

==== Response ====
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Sun-ONE-Application-Server/7.0.0_03