wsrp-interop message

Subject: [no subject]

In other words, I see no advantage in having a producer fault a
cloneBeforeWrite as it can just hold up the performBlockingInteraction, do
an internal clone, re-target the performBlockingInteraction and return the
handle of the new portlet.

Can we identify a clear use case for the a producer being unable do the
above before we complicate our protocol with another exceptional behaviour?

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Subbu Allamaraju [mailto:subbu@bea.com]
Sent: 30 April 2004 04:18
To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] cloning bahaviour

Richard,

>  > Firstly, the Producer has a chance to
>  > make state changes. Secondly, with the interpretation you present, the
>  > consumer first makes a call with cloneBeforeWrite, gets a fault,
clones,
>  > and then repeats the pbia. This is more work for the Consumer and more
>  > waiting time for the end user.
>
> Correct, but the spec allows that and might ease Producer implementations
> and puts a burdon on the Consumer side (what we always did).

I agree that the spec places such burden in the case of session/cookie
faults, but the spec was more explicit about those.

But I still don't see the connection between StateChangeRequired fault
and cloning from the consumer's perspective. What we need is perhaps a
"CloneRequired" fault to unambiguously indicate that the consumer must
clone and retry.

Subbu

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_work
group.php.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C42E86.D5D7DF2A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2657.88">
<TITLE>RE: [wsrp-interop] cloning bahaviour (SIC)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>From my recollections, the StateChangeRequired use =
cases only supported readWrite and readOnly where a producer must be =
able to signal that cloning is required. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>In other words, I see no advantage in having a =
producer fault a cloneBeforeWrite as it can just hold up the =
performBlockingInteraction, do an internal clone, re-target the =
performBlockingInteraction and return the handle of the new =
portlet.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Can we identify a clear use case for the a producer =
being unable do the above before we complicate our protocol with =
another exceptional behaviour?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>regards,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Andre</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Subbu Allamaraju [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:subbu@bea.com";>mailto:subbu@bea.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: 30 April 2004 04:18</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] cloning bahaviour</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Richard,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; Firstly, the Producer has a chance =
to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; make state changes. Secondly, with =
the interpretation you present, the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; consumer first makes a call with =
cloneBeforeWrite, gets a fault, clones,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; and then repeats the pbia. This is =
more work for the Consumer and more</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; waiting time for the end =
user.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Correct, but the spec allows that and might =
ease Producer implementations</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; and puts a burdon on the Consumer side (what we =
always did).</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I agree that the spec places such burden in the case =
of session/cookie </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>faults, but the spec was more explicit about =
those.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But I still don't see the connection between =
StateChangeRequired fault </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and cloning from the consumer's perspective. What we =
need is perhaps a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;CloneRequired&quot; fault to unambiguously =
indicate that the consumer must </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>clone and retry.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subbu</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed =
from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/member=
s/leave_workgroup.php" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-inte=
rop/members/leave_workgroup.php</A>.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C42E86.D5D7DF2A--