Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] guest/anonymous user access revisited

I managed to take a brief look at these materials and wonder if we ended
up at the following:

   1. Passing null as the user context still exists and still means the
      consumer doesn't know who the user is -- i.e. this is an
      anonymous/guest user however representing it this way means the
      consumer can't pass any user category information.
   2. If a consumer supports "guest" categories they must use an
      alternative way to represent the guest user.  To do this they pass
      a userContext of "wsrp:minimal"
   3. Consumers can only map consumer categories that a guest is in to
      wsrp:minimal.  It can only do this if the producer actually says
      it uses/cares about wsrp:minimal.
   4. In an such a conducive environment the consumer needs a way to
      communicate/distinguish between a guest that isn't mapped to
      wsrp:minimal and a guest that is.  I.e. the user of the consumer
      might have decided that guest categories shouldn't be mapped to
      anything in this producer [not "wsrp:minimal"] and hence wants to
      communicate that its guests run with no user cateory [i.e. NOT
      wsrp:minimal]

I.e. in the end we said wsrp:minimal is the only valid user category for
a guest user because such a beast is a special case and we had no way to
distinguish [allow a producer to declare] which user categories apply to
this special case vs the typical "all user case".  However, once we said
there was a way to have a meaningful user category for a guest then we
needed a way to distinguish between a consumer that says its guest
should have that user category vs. the absence of that category.

If this makes sense/sounds right then I think what we have is still okay
and doesn't need changing -- we merely need to take our minutes and
expand it into real words describing motivations and explaning uses.
     -Mike-