Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Oracle Consumer issue

Is the producer implementing access control that prevents portlets from
updating persistent state?  In such a case if the portlet requires that
update to process the interaction then this fault may be thrown.

-Sharmila

----- Original Message -----
From: "Coco, Christopher" <Christopher.Coco@vignette.com>
To: <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 6:45 AM
Subject: [wsrp-interop] Oracle Consumer issue

I'm noticing something odd with the Oracle consumer, which I'm fairly
certain wasn't
occurring previously.

It looks like that after adding a portlet to the 'My Portlets' page, a clone
is created
but then not used. Instead the handle of the POP is sent for markup and more
importantly
for performBlockingInteraction calls. The problem comes in that the consumer
also sets
the portletStateChange flag to "readOnly". This causes a producer to throw
the
PortletStateChangeRequired fault, which the oracle consumer then doesn't
recover from.

Basically my question is, is this the correct behavior for both parties
involved? Or
am I missing something?

Thanks,
Christopher

Christopher Coco
Senior Software Engineer
Vignette Application Builder
p. 415.995.3534 | f. 415.975.9801

Vignette's software and expertise help organizations harness
the power of information and the Web to deliver measurable
improvements in business efficiency. Vignette is the efficiency
expert. Visit http://www.vignette.com/ to learn more.

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_work
group.php.