Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Hierarchy of CCPs?

You are correct that the producer can not  retain/assume relationships between portlets.  That is entirely the duty of the consumer.  As for CONFIG/EDIT DEFAULTS modes, JSR 168 doesn't require dynamic inheritence.  I.e. there is no requirement/statement that if a user customizes a configured portlet that that user will continue to see changes made after the fact to the configuration.
    -Mike-

Goldstein, Scott wrote:

Suppose I clone a POP, A, to get a CCP, B.  Also, suppose that I clone the CCP, B, to get a CCP, C.  Is there an inherent hierarchy between B and C?  If so, how does it affect behavior?  For instance, suppose I call destroy with portlet, B.  Does it also destroy C?  I would assume no, since I didn’t see this in the spec.

However, if B and C are not hierarchical, then how would a producer support JSR 168 CONFIG or EDIT DEFAULTS mode where some state applies to all users of a portlet?  It would seems that you would need the single clone, B, for the shared state, and clones C1…Cn, for user specific state.

Scott