Subject: FW: [wsrp-interop] Hierarchy of CCPs?

Forwarding on Richard's reply to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jacob [mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:05 AM
To: Goldstein, Scott
Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Hierarchy of CCPs?

There is no relationship defined between the various portlets.
We left that for 2.0. I'm not sure if we have an owner that feature in
the
interfaces SC.
Mike, do you know?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Standardization Technical Lead
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             "Goldstein,

             Scott"

             <Scott.Goldstein@
             vignette.com>
<wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc
             06/24/2004 04:11

             AM
Subject
                                       [wsrp-interop] Hierarchy of CCPs?

Suppose I clone a POP, A, to get a CCP, B.  Also, suppose that I clone
the
CCP, B, to get a CCP, C.  Is there an inherent hierarchy between B and
C?
If so, how does it affect behavior?  For instance, suppose I call
destroy
with portlet, B.  Does it also destroy C?  I would assume no, since I
didn't see this in the spec.

However, if B and C are not hierarchical, then how would a producer
support
JSR 168 CONFIG or EDIT DEFAULTS mode where some state applies to all
users
of a portlet?  It would seems that you would need the single clone, B,
for
the shared state, and clones C1...Cn, for user specific state.

Scott