Subject: WSRP CSS classes

Hi,

I would like to forward some questions presented by our look-and-feel group regarding the support of the WSRP defined CSS classes, maybe you have already tackled these questions before…

Thanks,

Avi.

Basically, I have the following questions for the technical committee:

1)     There are no particular classes for anchor tags. How will they be rendered?
- Can they carry any of the classes defined in the spec?
- Do we have to format the anchor directly, by formatting the ‘a’ tag?
- Do they have to be placed in a container that carries any of the classes defined in the spec?

2)     Is there any possibility to know where WSRP classes are used in the HTML. For example, a class like portlet-section-body, can it also be used in the body tag? Or can it only be used in any HTML element that is regarded as a body object or container in the eyes of the content provider? Or does it depend on whether the HTML element is a span or a div, as discribted in the spec?

3)     This question goes together with the previous somehow. The description of what the classes are to render is vague sometimes. The styles “portlet-font” and “portlet-section-body” are described as “normal text”. Sections are defined as mark up sections, like divs and spans. On the other hand, the example showing how to use the class “portlet-font” shows a div carrying the class “portlet-font”. Is it possible to give us a more elaborated specification? And is it possible to explain a section from a semantic perspective? Is every span a section?

4)     Each section class renders the font of a particular section part. The parts, on the other hand, can be nested into each other. If doing so, particular attributes, like relative font sizes, can be inherited. Is there a way to avoid this?

Avi Klein | Connectivity Team | Portal Runtime | Portal Platform | SAP Labs Israel | T: +972 9 7779489 | F: +972 9 7779985