Subject: More WSRP URL Questions

1) In our own 1.0 implementation but we do not encode the value for
"wsrp-mode", "wsrp-windowState", etc.  I think we assumed that values were
already encoded and good to go and it actually seems to work with some
consumers.

Then I came across this re-write example in the spec:

wsrp_rewrite?wsrp-urlType=render&wsrp-mode=help&wsrp-windowState=max
imized/wsrp_rewrite

and in the same section on "wsrp-mode" (for WSRP URLs) states:

"The value for wsrp-mode MUST be one of the modes detailed in [Section 5.9]
or a custom mode the Consumer specified as supported during registration."

I don't see anything stating that the "wsrp:" prefix should be removed so
the "wsrp-mode" should be "wsrp:help" and when encoded it should be
"wsrp%3ahelp".  So the example would actually be:

wsrp_rewrite?wsrp-urlType=render&wsrp-mode=wsrp%3ahelp&wsrp-windowSt
ate=wsrp%3amaximized/wsrp_rewrite

Is this correct (or am I going nuts)?

2) Just seeing something new re templates in the 2.0 spec.  Here is the
text:

"These tokens are enclosed in curly braces (i.e. "{" and "}") and contain
the name of the portlet URL parameter which the Producer MUST replace (using
"" for those parameters where the Producer has no value)."

Is the "" a literal we should use or is it stating we leave the value out
entirely?  Is that saying the URL will look like the following when producer
has no parameter value:

http://Consumer.example.com/path/render?wsrp-portletHandle="";

or is it saying it should look like the following:

http://Consumer.example.com/path/render?wsrp-portletHandle=

(this is how we are doing now)

If it is saying the former, then the "" would be encoded as well to produce:

http://Consumer.example.com/path/render?wsrp-portletHandle=%22%22

Is this correct?

We definitely need to iron out this area in the primer.  If this area is not
"interoperating", forget about everything else.

Nader Oteifa