Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] namespacePrefix format

I added this to the interop wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/wsrp/WSRP_Interop_Discussions?action=show number 13) and we should discuss it on the next call.

Nate

Nader Oteifa wrote:

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, I would hope so.  Are you suggesting just the namespace by itself (e.g. to use as global var or function object name) or the resulting namespaced token?

I would presume the namespace prefix should be compliant with the scripting language(s) that apply to the mime type supported/requested by the consumer.

We found that starting a namespace prefix with an underscore “_” creates invalid CSS class names.  The most common namespace prefix form we’ve seen is essentially an initial character or two followed by a GUID.  Example (Vignette):

<form name="V_72b9e63f71a993c0c9b9a610aa40d0a0_TestForm" …

To me, starting with a letter followed by alpha numeric and minimizing underscores is probably safest.

Nader

From: Nathan Lipke [mailto:nathan.lipke@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:24 PM
To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-interop] namespacePrefix format

The WSRP spec implies that the namespace prefix can be used for things like Javascript and tag ids. However, it does not specify any format (e.g. must start with letter or '_' followed by letters, digits and '_').

A303 [Flexibility]:

WSIA Web Services should not be precluded from using scripting elements within Presentation Fragments. In particular, this specification should support Presentation Fragments that contain JavaScript scripts.

Is the intent of the spec that the namespace prefix is javascript compliant? If not, is there any assumptions that can be made about the value of namespace prefix?

Thanks,

Nate