wsrp-markup message

Subject: [wsrp-markup] [wsrp][markup] CSS Items

Here is a list of the current outstanding issues in regards to WSRP CSS classes. See the latest markup main doc (Rev 4), for a more complete listing of all of the CSS classes.

My hope is to have a somewhat final list of CSS classes by next week.

Thanks,

Chris

-----

Forms

    A. What are .wsia-dlg-icon-label and .wsia-icon-label used for?  The current definitions are:

        .wsia-icon-label = Text that appears besides a context dependent action icon.
        .wsia-dlg-icon-label = Text that appears besides a “standard” icon (e.g. Ok, or Cancel)

        Carsten, can you provide a screen shot of these usages?

    B. Do we need separate classes for .wsia-form-field-label and .wsia-form-label?  My assumption was that all "control" labels for a given form are the same.  I would propose removing .wsia-form-field-label.  Carsten?

Menus

    C.  Do we need separate classes for

        - .wsia-menu-item-background
        - .wsia-menu-item-selected-background
        - .wsia-menu-description-background
        - .wsia-menu-caption-background

My take on this is that background styles will be represented by the actual class in question.  For example background style attributes can be set in the wsia-menu-item class so the additional .wsia-menu-item-background is not needed.  So I would be in favor of removing all of these classes.  I am looking for some confirmation or opposition to this.

Portlet
    D.  I was in favor of nixing the Portlet CSS category all together.  The assumption is that Section classes can handle anything that the portlet classes could handle.  Since then a few more classes have been introduced:
        - .wsia-portlet-background-edit
        - .wsia-portlet-background-config

I can see some use cases where these would be helpful.  The main problem I have with these classes is that they only represent two predefined mode types.  How would additional modes be determined.  I would vote for removing these classes for the time being and readdress is a later release if the demand is there.

Other

  E.  We need a better explanation of the position classes that were submitted by WSUI.
      -Wsui-right

        -Wsui-left

        -Wsui-top

        -Wsui-bottom

        -Wsui-shape

    Shouldn't positioning be done by styles within the other classes?  For example a wsia-section can be positioned using the standard position styles?

  F. What is wsui-media-format intended for?  Does anyone have an example of how this can be used?
  G. Similar to E, I am not sure why we need margin classes:

        - Wsui-left margin

        - Wsui-right margin

        - Wsui-top margin

        - Wsui-bottom margin

       Again,  Shouldn't margins be set within the other classes?  For example a wsia-section's margins set using the standard margin styles?  The same goes for wsui-space_between_row.

   H.  What is the need for .wsui-page-title?  Does a portlet need to be able to set the page title?
    I.   I assume .wsui-block-bgcolor can be removed and in its place use the section classes.  Is this assumption correct?