wsrp-markup message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-markup] [wsrp][markup] Minutes for 7/10/02 conference call

The current draft allows the action handler to modify markupParams (ie. its
own state), but not the client request parameters.

                      Jeff Broberg
                      <jbroberg@silvers        To:       Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>
                      tream.com>               cc:       WSRP-Markup <wsrp-markup@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               Subject:  RE: [wsrp-markup] [wsrp][markup] Minutes for 7/10/02
                      07/15/2002 02:49          conference call
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jbroberg

is the action handler allowed to modify the client request parameters
before they are passed to the markup handler ?
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Michael Freedman [mailto:Michael.Freedman@oracle.com]
      Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 5:18 PM
      Cc: WSRP-Markup
      conference call

      Chris,
        To answer your question:
            This seems like something the interfaces subcommittee will need
            to decide.  If you guys decide that this is a required part of
            the protocol then the url rewriting will have to incorporate
            some kind of mechanism to indicate to the consumer what path to
            take.  Has this been discussed in the interface subcommittee
            yet?
       We discussed this today.  The summary is that we are fine in
      supporting the semantics defined by the JSR.  Namely [excerpted from
      Alejandro's message]:
            There are two types of URLs, action URLs and URLs with no
            action. An
            action URL will invoke the action handler and then the markup
            handler.
            An URL with no action will invoke only the markup handler.

            Both the action handler and the markup handler receive the
            client
            request parameters. So in both cases (action or non-action
            URLs) the
            markup handler receives the client request parameters.

      Rich/Carsten will include in a future draft.  As they specify the
      details they will get back to us if issues/questions arise.
           -Mike-

      Chris Braun wrote:
            Mike, Well the sad thing is that I can't explain it, I have to
            admit I was a bit confused on the call.  The more that I think
            about it, it seems that in order to incorporate this
            functionality the WSRP interface protocol would need to allow
            for this.  The consumer would probably need to determine
            weather the action should be sent to the producer or simply a
            getMarkup call along with the parameters. This seems like
            something the interfaces subcomittee will need to decide.  If
            you guys decide that this is a required part of the protocol
            then the url rewriting will have to incorporate some kind of
            mechanism to indicate to the consumer what path to take.  Has
            this been discussed in the interface subcommittee yet? Chris