wsrp-markup message

Subject: RE: [wsia][wsrp-markup] URL writing

It seems to me than in Producer-writing, the names of the URL parameters are
Consumer-decided and could be anything the Consumer wants them to be (or
even not there at all, e.g. ?{0}&{1}&{2}), so the standard should not
specify a prefix in this case, but just what the {n} will be replaced with.

Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Abdelnur [mailto:alejandro.abdelnur@sun.com]
Sent: Tue, July 16, 2002 11:28
Cc: wsrp-markup@lists.oasis-open.org

It seems we are making good progress here.

Following it's a alternative syntax that would allow the producer to use
a simple utility class such as the Java java.text.MessageFormat class to
create the URL template or the URL depending on the type or rewriting.

I've added something I don't remember if it has been discussed or not
yet, that ACTION and RENDER URLs may contain a window state or a portlet
mode.

Regards.

Alejandro.

Consumer URL writing:

The [...] markers should be replaced with the appropiate tokens for high
performance parsing.

Producer writes the following URL templates in the content.

ACTION:

     [action-marker]
       prefix:action={0}&
       prefix:blocking-action={1}&
       prefix:windowState={2}&
       prefix:portletMode={3}
       {4}
     [/action-marker]

  prefix : wsia or wsrp (depending on the consumer)
  {0}    : action ID
  {1}    : true or false
  {2}    : window state, optional (may be empty String, no change)
  {3}    : portlet mode, optional (may be empty String, no change)
  {4}    : (&param=value)*

RENDER:

     [render-marker]
       prefix:windowState={0}&
       prefix:portletMode={1}
       {2}
     [/render-marker]

  prefix : wsia or wsrp (depending on the consumer)
  {0}    : window state, optional (may be empty String, no change)
  {1}    : portlet mode, optional (may be empty String, no change)
  {2}    : (&param=value)*

RESOURCE:

     [resource-marker]
       {0}
     [/resource-marker]

  {0}    : full URL

NAMESPACING:

     [namespacing-marker/]

Producer URL writing:

Consumer provides the following URL templates to the producer.

ACTION:

     [protocol]://[host]:[port]/[portal-action-uri]?
     prefix:entity=[entityID]&
     prefix:action={0}&
     prefix:blocking-action={1}&
     prefix:windowState={2}&
     prefix:portletMode={3}
     {4}

  []     : set by the consumer
  prefix : wsia or wsrp (depending on the consumer)
  {0}    : action ID
  {1}    : true or false
  {2}    : window state, optional (may be empty String)
  {3}    : portlet mode, optional (may be empty String)
  {4}    : (&param=value)*

RENDER:

     [protocol]://[host]:[port]/[portal-render-uri]?
     prefix:entity=[entityID]&
     prefix:windowState={0}&
     prefix:portletMode={1}
     {2}

  []     : set by the consumer
  prefix : wsia or wsrp (depending on the consumer)
  {0}    : window state, optional (may be empty String)
  {1}    : portlet mode, optional (may be empty String)
  {2}    : (&param=value)*

RESOURCE:

     [protocol]://[host]:[port]/[portal-resource-uri]?
     prefix:entity=[entityID]
     &prefix:resource={0}

  []     : set by the consumer
  prefix : wsia or wsrp (depending on the consumer)
  {0}    : full URL

NAMESPACING:

     [namespace-element]

  []     : set by the consumer