wsrp-markup message

Subject: VocieXML for WSRP 1.1

Title: VocieXML for WSRP 1.1
Dear Janet Daley, Ian Jacobs,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name Rex Brooks, and I am writing to you in my role as chair of the OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets-Markup Subcommittee, (WSRP-Markup SC). Mr. Russell Ruggiero has mentioned me to you in regard to this project.

The Web Services for Remote Portlets Specification 1.0

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wsrp

was recently approved as an OASIS Standard, and we are moving forward to work on v1.1. In this next version we want to include VoiceXML, and as chair of the markup SC, I am seeking guidance and resources for this work.

So, in relation to this work can you advise me, and if so, should we be seeking a formal liaison relationship.? I ask because OASIS, having grown rather dramatically, has had to make changes in its processes and procedures, one of which is to make formal liaisons where it is needed. I am unsure if such is the case in this effort, since we, in the WSRP Technical Committee will not be making any specifications of our own wrt VXML, but we do need to accurately reflect both good practice and a necessary VXML-specific model of our specification, to wit: a Portal-RemotePortlet relationship so that a Portal may serve multiple portlets and manage these portlets according to our current specification structure, or else find an accommodation which will serve adequately.

At present we have one member from IBM Germany, Mr. Walter Haenel who brings considerable expertise to our work, and we have thus far come to the conclusion that VXML 2.0 is our choice for implementation since v1.0 is being deprecated and 2.0 is not compatible with it, that we will use the entire VXML specification, and that the sub-dialog apparently fulfills the role of portlet with a VXML Portal analog.

Beyond that we have not yet progressed. I thought I would give you an idea of where we are, in case you find it helpful.

Regards,
Rex Brooks
--
Rex Brooks
President, Stabourne Communications Design