wsrp-markup message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-markup] Hi

Hello Rex,
our Email system claims, that it has found a virus even on your last mail
with the name WORM_MYDOOM (see below)
I am not sure where it does come from, but want to make you aware of it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen /
                  Have a nice day

                    Walter Hänel
Pervasive Computing - Portal Development
Tel. +49-7031-164523
             Fax +49-7031-164888

|         |           Rex Brooks       |
|         |           <rexb@starbourne.|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           06/02/04 01:36   |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Rich Thompson <richt2@us.ibm.com>, wsrp-markup@lists.oasis-open.org                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-markup] Hi                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

Even though I get my mail on a Mac in Eudora, I did a virus scan, and found
nothing new, though I did find some leftover Sobig attachments I hadn't
deleted and even a Klez, but those are gone now too. You'd think that
people would understand by now not to open attachments that are not both
expected or confirmed by checking with a source known to them. But I guess
not.

Ciao,
Rex

At 9:32 AM -0500 2/5/04, Rich Thompson wrote:
      This is a virus that spoofs its actual source. Could all who follow
      this mailing list run an anti-virus scan on their machines?

      Thanks! Rich
      michael.freedman@oracle.com
      02/05/2004 02:40 AM
      wsrp-markup@lists.oasis-open.org
      cc
      Subject
      [wsrp-markup] Hi

      The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary
      attachment.

      readme.pif is removed from here because it contains a virus.
      To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster
      of the OASIS TC), go to
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-markup/members/leav
      e_workgroup.php.
      Found virus WORM_MYDOOM.A in file readme.pif
      The file is deleted.

      IBM's antivirus detection system has identified a virus in an
      attachment to this e-mail.  The attachment has been deleted.  No
      further reporting or action is required on your part.  THIS EMAIL IS
      NOW SAFE TO OPEN.  Visit w3.ibm.com/virus for more information.

--

Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com