wsrp-pfb message

Subject: Fw:[wsrp-pfb] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-01.doc uploaded

unintentionally replied to PM only...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM on 12/18/2003 10:13 AM -----
|         |           Richard Jacob    |
|         |           12/17/2003 06:19 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:      Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>                                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       From:    Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-01.doc uploaded(Document link: Richard Jacob)                                      |

Thanks for reviewing.
see my comments in <rj>
Btw. on our UDDI technote discussion yesterday I forgot to ask one
additional question:
Are there volunteers to co-author the note?
How about you Andre?
The note would be more "acceptable" when more than one author is designated
(doesn't look like a one-man-show then).
Also this would likely improve the quality.
What do people think? Are there UDDI experts who want to join?
As said in the call I plan to have a first (better: second) draft including
portlet pubishing, and some issues revisited by end of this week.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           12/17/2003 05:28 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-pfb] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-01.doc uploaded                                                                   |

I scanned the doc and it looks fine but here are some things I noticed:

- need to mention that other bindings can be added. Our "v1" binding tModel
sounds like it is the only game allowed in town ...

<tj> totally agree, this is the minimal one we need to achieve a common
publishing model, but other are still allowed of course </rj>

- some places use "WSRP Producer" tModel, some "WSRP Producer Service"

<rj> maybe lost that while cut&pasting some things, need to fix that </rj>

- WSRP Producer overviewURL must point to this doc? Maybe a separate "this
is a WSRP Producer" placeholder doc? As this tModel will be for all
versions.

<rj>good point, but since the tModel gets introduced with this version
wouldn't it be sufficient to point to this doc? But I think we could go
also the other route</rj>

- 5.3 Entities SHOULD NOT be published ...
Why do we stop people doing things outside our spec? It would just not be
covered by our best practice so a weaker "should not" would be ok.

<rj>agreeable</rj>

- steps to publish 1. to .. Are these steps (i.e. protocol exchanges) or
just info the publisher should provide?

<rj> for now just info to figure our in my mind what we need to do :-) my
comment here would be: we need some rewrite. But in essence this would be a
"what needs to be provided" overview </rj>

printing figure 2 lost some XML. Maybe my printer but means I need to
review the doc more carefully next time!

<rj> I must confess I was lazy and copied the images from the strawman, I
think we might want to redraw and fine tune them a little bit </rj>

regards,
Andre