wsrp-pfb message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb] [UDDI#2] Portlet&Producer businessServices same busi nessEntity?

No, I wasn't trying to enforce the use of 2 registrations that way.

So to bring this thread to an end:
It seems that we agree on the freedom to Publish portlets under a different
businessEntity as the hosting Producer.
Since we have a prodcer service reference, we can find the producer easily
across businessEntities.
This allows us to support the ASP scenario.
It also allows publishers to use the "service projection" method of UDDI,
because it is completly transpartent to the searching party.

Any additional comments/protests/ideas?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           01/19/2004 04:28 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-pfb@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-pfb] [UDDI#2] Portlet&Producer businessServices same busi      nessEntity?                                             |

I'm not supporting the "default producer" idea except as a possible fall
back when a portlet is published without any producer reference (i.e. not
at all under 4).

In my ASP use case, the consumer (if a client of both portlet businesses)
may be required to employ a different consumer registration to talk to
Win-A-lot and EducationSelfHelp portlets even though the producer is really
one Web Service. I was asking if your use of multiple producer services was
in some way trying to enforce the use of 2 registrations?

regards,
Andre