wsrp-pfb message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb][UDDI #1] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-02.doc uplo aded

I'm satisfied with the uddi model.  If more than one Producer for a businessEntity, then that's ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jacob [mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 11:59 PM
To: Kropp, Alan
Cc: Andre Kramer; wsrp-pfb@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb][UDDI #1] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-02.doc
uplo aded

Alan concerning your statement inlined below, we didn't discuss to publish
the producer as a businessEntity. Rather than that as a businessService,
the same is true for portlets.
The statement below is not the whole truth.
First, when publishing businessServices, i.e. Producers, you must have a
businessEntity anyways, this is enforced by the UDDI data model
Even if you have a producer published in a business you can't tell that all
portlets belong to that producer.
There are two cases which show this.
1. Multiple producers in one business
2. portlets referencing a producer in another businessEntity

business A
    producer X
    producer Y
    portlet i in X
    portlet j in Y
    portlet k in Z
business B
    producer Z

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           "Kropp, Alan"    |
|         |           <Alan.Kropp@vigne|
|         |           tte.com>         |
|         |           01/19/2004 07:10 |
  |       To:       "Andre Kramer" <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>, <wsrp-pfb@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-pfb][UDDI #1] Groups - wsrp-pfb-uddi-tn-draft-02.doc uplo aded                                                         |

Got it.  So long as every published producer has at least one
businessEntity, then you should be able to obtain the portlets for the
given "business".  I'd like to make this a MUST requirement for publishing
the Producer.