wsrp-pfb message

Subject: Re: WSRP - ebXML Registry TN

Andre Kramer wrote:

> The ebXML note is in a very good shape already.

Thanks Andre.

> My only open question from the call was on how WSRP version
> information (WSRP v1.0, v2.0, v2.5 say) can be represented.

Since ebXML Registry allow arbitrary user defined attributes on objects
we could say the follows:

Each ebRIM Service instance that represents a Producer MUST have a
wsrp-version attribute defined as a Slot.
The name of the Slot MUST be:

urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:<PortletDescription |
ServiceDescription>:wsrp-version

and the value must be the version of the WSRP spec it conforms to

The XML would contain the following for a Producer Service conforming to
WSRP 1.0:

            <rim:Slot
name="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:ServiceDescription:wsrp-version">
                <rim:ValueList>
                    <rim:Value>1.0</rim:Value>
                </rim:ValueList>
            </rim:Slot>

The XML would contain the following for a Portlet Service conforming to
WSRP 1.0:

            <rim:Slot
name="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:PortletDescription:wsrp-version">
                <rim:ValueList>
                    <rim:Value>1.0</rim:Value>
                </rim:ValueList>
            </rim:Slot>

How does this sound?

Thanks for bringing this excellent point.

--
Regards,
Farrukh