wsrp-pfb message

Subject: Portlet metadata

Andre/Richard,

Referring to the UDDI Tech Note 0.8, have you SC considered publishing
additional portlet metadata?

Currently, this note requires that the name and description of the
portlet be published. Of these two fields, consumers can use just the
name (with or without wildcards) in findService calls.

To improve searchability, I think it would be useful to specify certain
optional fields (e.x, keywords) as categories. It is true that Producers
can publish any additional metadata in the registry, but to improve
interoperability, this tech note could suggest how Producers can publish
such metadata (optional) in the registry. I think this would also ensure
wider adoption of portlet registries.

Any comments?

Subbu