wsrp-primer message

Subject: Today's meeting

Hi Folks,

I had a whack at the new requirement for discussing/explaining the
motivation or reasons for having features. I added a sectionm 4.4 to
the Service Interface Section and added the matching explanatory
paragraphs and additions to the first couple of paragraphs in Section
5 Registration Interface. I did this mostly because it was the first
one I came to, rather than Markup Interface because I really am that
lazy. However, I also did it because I didn't want to go into the
kind of intense thinking that comes when working on my own section
(in terms of responsibility) which is inevitable and unavoidable for
me.

I simply wouldn't have had the time to get a good start on Markup
while I could genuinely focus on just getting the gist of the
comments about motivation into the start Registration Interface
section. This was necessary since I managed to double book this
morning and didn't notice until late yesterday, after a number of
fairly major developments which you will hear about later related to
the vote on CAP and WSS (demo stuff for CAP/WSRP/ebXML Registry
combined for XML 2004).

I have a physical therapy session scheduled for 9 am Pacific Time, so
I can't guarantee that I can be on the call, but I wanted to get some
work done since I have blocked out this weekend for working on the
Primer, while I actually have the time (I hope-things are happening
fast right now). So it also seemed wise to check and see if you guys
think I am going in the right direction with the work I am sending
along. I also did not want to clutter up the documents section with
this, and so did not upload it. I added -r to the end of the filename
before the suffix to distinguish it.

I did not attempt to describe the out-of-band registration methods or
the explicit reasons for needing Registration Interface beyond what
you see, but I did leave an indication that it should be in the space
represented by ellipses ...

Now, having said all that, I may actually be able to check in while
the electro-stim cortizone patch treatment is underway if I can snag
a phone line in the therapy center. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee
that I will be able to do so, only that I will try.

Sorry, but at least you have something to look at and think about. I
would very much appreciate it you could either give me a go ahead for
using the same kind of "Results and Recommendations" Section at the
end of Section 5 REgistration Interface to lead into Section 6 Markup
Interface. I would introduce the results of WSRP with and without
Registration, in or out of band, and the concepts of interaction and
statefulness that registration begins to imply. However, that may not
be necessary for going from Registration to Markup or it may not work
as well as that transition, so if you can give that some thought as
well, it would be helpful. There's quite a lot of stuff to do in
Markup so I don't want to add more than I need to.

Lastly, is a Results and Recommendations conclusion appropriate to
the transition from Service to Registration. Obviously, I thought so,
but the word Conclusion implied an end rather than the transition and
Consequences sounded like a lecture on responsibilities.

Ciao,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com

wsrp-primer-1.0-draft-0.45-comments-r.doc