wsrp-primer message

Subject: Section 6/Missed meeting

Oops,

I got so wrapped up in finishing Section 6 of the Primer for this
pass that I forgot the TC meeting started at 11:00 not 12:00 when I
showed up to find it was over. I'm obviously very busy, but this was
a bummer because I wanted to chat about the November XML2004 demos I
have been working on, slowly. I'm also slowly getting around to
dealing with the proprietary markup formats issue.

My email was out last week and I spent unnumbered hours wasting my
time trying to fix what was apparently not my problem, reconfirming
some of the reasons why I use non-Windows platform and client for my
email. That however, is another story altogether.

With regard to the Markup Interface in particular, I would still
prefer if we could have the simple getMarkup() followed by a more
complex performBlockingInteraction() for adding a stock symbol, but
what we have works.

I still don't know what to say about session v. persistent cookies
and the particular motivation for Consumers to use initCookie()
except for it being required when the Producer says so in
RegistrationContext. Not being anywhere near knowing why a Producer
would require it, except as part of a J2EE-only context, I didn't
want to say anything. I wouldn't guess what the
load-balancing-specific kind of scenario would be (memory
configurator?). Obviously not a cookie person, am I?

Anyway, that's it for me. I will be writing to the overall list,
along with several others about proposals for interrelated,
multi-standard demonstrations for XML2004, with me heading up a team
for CAP/WSRP, so I wanted to make  sure I offered Mike first
opportunity to carry on or decline. However, this time, regardless of
platforms or appservers, I need to be online live working with DMIS
and more partners than last time, with at least two lower tier
vendors who have signed on already, so there is going to be the
inevitable duelling NDAs to contend with, sigh. I suppose it is also
good that I have to read the Justice Dept Data Dictionary
anyway--though it isn't concerned with IPR.

More soon,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks