wsrp-webservice message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-webservice] optional desiredLocales parameter

Rich asked me to check the latest Axis without the --noWrapped flag.

It still throws an exception if desiredLocales is omitted (i.e. because
minOccurs="0" looks like a missing rpc method argument to the (un)wrapping
logic):
The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch ...

Otherwise (apart from xml:lang) the Axis 1.1 release candidate 2
(Axis-1_1RC2 March 5th) seems fine (only did a quick test Axis <--> .NET).

In any case, I think I favour more correct wsdl (desiredLocales
minOccurs="0" instead of nillable="true") even though Axis will still needs
to be driven with the --noWrapped flag (my bug report suggested that this
flag set should be the default for document/literal style).

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Kramer
Sent: 10 April 2003 10:18
To: Andre Kramer; wsrp-webservice@lists.oasis-open.org

After yesterdays call I decided to go ahead and give a "minOccurs='0'
desiredLocales" a quick test .NET <--> Axis 1.0.

using:
<element name="desiredLocales" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />

instead of (3 uses):
<element name="desiredLocales" type="xsd:string" nillable="true"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />

results (same for all .NET <--> Axis combinations):

sending null for desiredLocales - received desiredLocales == null
sending new String[0] for desiredLocales - received desiredLocales == null
sending new String[] { "ga" } - received desiredLocales.length == 1
desiredLocales[0].equals("ga"}
sending new String[] { "ga", "de" } - you get the picture, I'm sure.

So (if Axis is used with the --noWrapped flag) having an optional array
param is ok (note: the optional array is always in the last param position -
for above test & our wsdl).

regards,
Andre