wsrp-webservice message

Subject: Groups - Testing v2 WSDL draft 11 modified

Testing v2 WSDL draft 11 has been modified by Andre Kramer

Date:  Thursday, 11 August 2005
Time:  05:00pm - 06:00pm GMT

Event Description:
Please join my meeting, Thursday, August 11 at 5:00 PM GMT Daylight Time at
  https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/935606733
Conference Call:
US dial-in 1-888.371.8921
Int'l dial-in 1-617.614.4893
UK 0 800 032 6469
D 0 800 182 4096
Participant's code: 28614774
Online Meeting ID: 935-606-733

Agenda:
Discuss results of WSDL testing.  (After usual weekly 1 hour "interfaces" SC call.)

Minutes:
The SC held a call to discuss the XSD schema and WSDL for draft 11.
Attendees: Subbu, Clinton, Mike & Andre

Andre walked through the .xsd & .wsdl files pointing out changes and potential issues:

The service definition contains both v1 & v2 ports. Personally, I would prefer a separate service for v1 and v2 ports.

Type extension is now used.

String type restriction is not used (types declared but elements still use string). This really is a pity but we are unlikely to get all tools to work otherwise.

Choice (union-like content model) is unused and may be unacceptable in the lifetime scope of v2.

Use of namespaces is simplified (mirroring what we had before in v1) but people should check that they can handle (types from) both v2 & v1 namespace if they need to.

Testing (no issues reported):

Andre and others have tried VS 2003.

Clinton will try Axis 1.2 and VS 2005 (if he can find a copy).

Subbu will test with internal tooling.

[IBM will have some testing.]

We request that Atul could test against the current JAX-RPC reference implementation. Thanks.

Other:

We are unlikely to test MTOM/XOP any time soon.

We should have one more call before the committee draft. Fine checking of the WSDL / spec match still needs to be done. Andre found some small inconsistencies but other (faults in particular) are unlikely to have all been picked up.

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/wsrp-webservice/event.php?event_id=8192

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20050815T000000Z
DTSTART:20050811T170000Z
DTEND:20050811T180000Z
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:Testing v2 WSDL draft 11
  Time at\n  https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/935606733 \nConference
  Call: \nUS dial-in 1-888.371.8921\nInt'l dial-in 1-617.614.4893\nUK 0
  800 032 6469\nD 0 800 182 4096\nParticipant's code: 28614774\nOnline
  Meeting ID: 935-606-733\n\nGroup: WSRP Description and Transport
  Issues SC\nCreator: Andre Kramer
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/wsrp-webservice/event.php?event_id=8192
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/wsrp-webservice/event.php?event_id=8192
END:VEVENT