Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [wsrp][interfaces] Portlet mode/Window state types

Then we might want to represent them as strings as well, and be it only for
compatability.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           Michael Freedman  |
|         |           <Michael.Freedman@|
|         |           oracle.com>       |
|         |           08/09/2002 01:06  |
|         |           AM                |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                 |
  |       To:       interfaces <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>, wsrp-wsia <wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                       |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [wsrp][interfaces] Portlet mode/Window state types                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                 |

In todays conference call we asked whether the current representation of
window states and portlet modes as bit vectors would adequately support
extensibility.  After a little discussion we tabled the question pending
information concerning how JSR 168 deals with this.

JSR 168 essentially represents these as Strings (wrapped by objects for
good OO).

I propose we do the same.
     -Mike-