Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [wsrp][intefaces] Use case for userfilteredgetDescription()

No, that is not what I'm suggesting. I'm just saying that it isn't
clear where in the protocol this information is going to be put into
play. The single-sign identification authentication and certification
is one process, the specific permissions allowed to an inidividual
for our purposes, is an add-on to that. The point at which the
Consumer gets that information is the concern of this scenario.

Like I said, I can envision a case where an end user might not want
to allow the Consumer to know ALL of the permissions a Producer
allows--say in a situation where the Director of HR will have access
to all of a company's personnel files, but at home or on the road,
the Director wants to compare benefit policies from a several
competitors from the viewpoint of a potential employee he is
evaluating. If he goes to a Web Service (A Consumer to us) to get the
information about different benefit packages for competing companies
as well as his own, his name and ID authentication give him access to
a great deal of material from his own company's portlets that is not
supposed to be public knowledge. Presumably the Consumer being used
to compile the portlets from competing companies would get that
information.

I have now done the thing that drives me nuts--working on designs by
trying to find exceptions. However, I am not suggesting we disallow
the Consumer from getDescription in this case, but I would keep an
eye on it to see if it turns up enough such cases that it needs to be
amended in v.2

Ciao,
Rex