Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Updating the Issues List

Gil,

thanks for taking this task !

One remark: The wsrp-wsia list should always be cc'ed on the submission of
issues or updates

Best regards,

Thomas

Gil Tayar <Gil.Tayar@webcollage.com> on 09/18/2002 12:45:37 AM

To:    wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:
Subject:    [wsrp-wsia] Updating the Issues List

To make  resolving the TC issues an orderly process, the following is a
detailed account  on how to update the Issues List.

General
1. All  updates will be done via email to gil@webcollage.com, and never on
the  document itself.
2. The  "issue process" (whereby issue information is updated) is a process
containing  the following states:
    a. _Not there_ - the issue is in somebody's mind, but  not in the
issues list.
    b. "Unassigned" - the issue is described, but nobody  has taken
ownership of it and no beginning of a discussion has  started.
    c. "Active" - discussion in the mailing list is being  done, but no
(tentative or final) resolution has been  achieved.
    d. "Tentative Resolve" - a tentative resolution has  garnered enough
support to be declared as such.
    e. "Resolved" - the issue has been resolved, whether  by unanimous
consent, voting(, or indifference :->).
    f. "Postponed" - further information is required, and  thus this issue
is postponed until further notice.

Creating an Issue
1. Send an  email to gil@webcollage.com, with a  subject of "Create Issue
<Title>", and the following  text:
Topic:  <meta/interface/markup/customization/security/registration/entity
mgmt/introduction/general/user info>
Class:  <Editorial/Minor Editorial/Technical/Minor Technical>
Title:  <short title to be used as discussion list subject line. should be
same as in  the line above>
Document  Section: <document name>/<section number>
<long  description of issue. Do not try and be brief. Try and be as clear
as possible.  You know what - even clearer than that. Remember - other
people will be reading  this>

2. I will receive the email, add it  to the list, and send an email with
that issue (and a number) to the mailing  list, so that discussion can be
started on it.This is where the TC will start hammering on this issue to
try to reach a  resolution.

Taking Ownership of an  issue
1. Send an email to  gil@webcollage.com,  telling me that you want to take
ownership of the issue (whatever that may  mean!). The subject of the email
should be "Take  Ownership Issue #<number>"
2. I  will update the list, and send an email to the group on this  regard.

Updating an  Issue
1. Send an email to gil@webcollage.com, with a subject of  ""Update Issue
#<number>" containing a line for each item to be  updated:

Topic:  <meta/interface/markup/customization/security/registration/entity
mgmt/introduction/general/user info>
Class:  <Editorial/Minor Editorial/Technical/Minor Technical>
<append/replace>
<description. If you want to append this, please specify using the  above
append/replace>
2. I will  update the issues list.

Resolving an  Issue
1. Anybody can  send a tentative resolution by sending an email to
gil@webcollage.com, containing the  following (subject lin "Tentative
Resolve Issue  #<number>"):

3. I will  update the list, and will submit this resolution to the mailing
list to be voted  upon.
4. Reply to  gil@webcollage.com to vote on  this.
4. I will  wait (in normal circumstances) one week.
5. If the  vote approves the resolution, I will update this.
6. If not,  it goes back to being "Active".
7. If  nobody voted, I consider this as approved (just to put a little
spice into  things :->).

I will be  sending "template emails" of the emails described above to the
mailing list  tomorrow.

Any  comments will be appreciated,
Gil Tayar
WebCollage