Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#92] Maximum size of a handle

One thing to consider is that there are portals with large user populations
- potentially millions. An *unlimited* handle length formally means that
portals must be able to handle handles that of unlimited size to be WSRP
compliant which is impractical for many scenarios.

Also, this would encourage some WSRP producers to use the handles for
storing large amounts of data.

Best regards,

Thomas

Sasha Aickin <AlexanderA@plumtree.com> on 09/20/2002 12:18:59 AM