Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#92] Maximum size of a handle

I would suggest "...Portlets SHOULD minimize the size of the handle, and use techniques..."
As a consumer I would much rather get a handle of less then 4K...

	Yossi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gil Tayar [mailto:Gil.Tayar@webcollage.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 7:33 AM
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

OK, so here goes -

Proposal -
put the following statement (somewhere...) -

"a portal MUST support a handle of at least 4K, but SHOULD support a handle
of any size. Portlets SHOULD  limit the size of the handle to this size, and
use techniques like returning a handle to producer-side state to do this, in
consideration of the fact that portals must store a considerable number of
these handles."