Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#97] Caching Mechanism

My understanding of the F2F dicussion about caching was something like
this (wrote it up during the discussion):

.Portlet metadata indicates what elements of the request are to be
  used as cache keys:
   * Markup
   * Locale
   * Navigational state
   * SessionID
.Consumer uses (above) metadata to create consumer-key
.Producer returns producer-key & expiration with getMarkup
.Producer-key should be created using a hierachical namespace that
  allows later batch invalidation based on a prefix of the producer-key
.Consumer caches the fragment with two access keys (consumer-key,
  producer-key)
.Consumer discards cache entry on expiration
.Consumer queries cache using consumer-key on new requests to the
  portlet
.On perform action producer may return producer-key prefix to
  invalidate cache entries (the producer-keys are opaque to the
  consumer, their only purpose is cache invalidation upon actions)