Subject: [wsrp-wsia][82] What is the need of previousMode?

Original issue

82    Unassigned  interface   Minor Technical   Sasha Aickin
What is the need of previousMode?
                              Date Added: 10-Sep-2002
                              Document Section: Interfaces/6.1
question about the previousMode argument to getMarkup.  Also, what does
previousMode mean exactly?  If for example the user last logged in a week
ago, is the portal expected to remember the modes of every entity?  Is the
mode tracking keyed on a portal/portlet/entity basis (and thus shared among
many users), a portal/portlet/entity/user basis (and thus shared among one
user's several sessions) or on a portal/portlet/entity/user/session basis?
In my mind, this argument seems like unnecessary complexity without a clear
use case.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401