Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] RE: [wsrp][wsia] Draft spec v0.7

Joe -

from my understanding, all possible permutations MUST be interoparable.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           Rudnicki Joseph G|
|         |           CONT NSSC        |
|         |           <RudnickiJG@NAVSE|
|         |           A.NAVY.MIL>      |
|         |           09/30/2002 08:10 |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] RE: [wsrp][wsia] Draft spec v0.7                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                               |

Hello,

I have been trying to proof the current specification. However, when I get
to Sections 1.2.1 to 1.3.5.3, I get confused. Am I interpreting the
following correctly:

"This specification supports Consumers and Producers of various levels of
sophistication interacting with one another. While not exhaustive, the
following cases and how they can interact with each other are explored as
examples of the broad range of possibilities."

The specification then presents four examples.

Does this mean that there is a very large set of permutations and
combinations that are all compliant with this specification? Must all
consumers and producers "plug and play" together? In other words, are
SophisticatedProducers required to work correctly with SimpleConsumers and
SimpleProducers with SophisticatedConsumers?

Should we define only one discrete compliant subset? If we did there would
only be Simple (the subset) and Sophisticated, but nothing in between. The
defined subset idea has been popular in programming language
specifications.

FWIW.

Thank you.

Joe Rudnicki