Subject: [wsrp-wsia] Issue #93 Payload extensibility mechanism

As an update to the group as a whole, we have been working on making the
WSDL interoperable at least between the .Net, Axis and Jax-RPC reference
implementation. What we have run into so far:

1. Use of <any/> requires changing to document/literal encoding style. This
is probably a positive thing for the longer term.
2. In order to use <any/> and not lose type checking on the rest of the
data fields (I think this was in the JAX-RPC ref impl), the <any/> needs to
be enclosed in another tag (i.e. the parent of <any/> is a sibling of the
typed fields in a data structure). Currently we have this as an
"extensions" field.
3. Use of nillable causes interoperability problems as .Net clients drop
the elements and Axis servers require their presence during validation
checking. Dropping nillable='true' on fields means they MUST appear on the
wire. While this is orthogonal to any requirement that the field has a
value, it does drop the ability to distinguish missing (i.e. null) from
empty.
4. All uses of the schema ref attribute have been dropped as it causes one
of the tools to stop doing data validation.