Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#116] markup Interface should be the first described in the spe c

ServiceDescription is mandatory? I am prone to forgetting things, but I just
don't remember this from the F2F. Is this a change from the F2F or decided
in the F2F?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon, October 21, 2002 13:51
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#116] markup Interface should be the first
described in the spe c

I would note that both the ServiceDescription and Markup interfaces are
mandatory. The current (to be circulated soon) draft has the order as
Service Description, Markup, Registration, Entity Management.

                      Gil Tayar

                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#116]
markup Interface should be the
                      10/20/2002 01:23          first described in the spe
                      AM

Date Added: 20-Oct-2002
Document Section: Interfaces/7
Today, the order of the sections describing the interfaces are: service
description, registration, entity management, markup. This order comes from
a life-cycle point of view. But note that only Markup is mandatory. Because
markup is the only mandatory interface, I suggest that it be the first. I
suggest this for three reasons:
1. It emphasizes the important thing...
2. ...thus making the spec easier to understand
3. It may reveal hidden dependencies between the interfaces which we might
want to eliminate

Because markup uses other structures defined in other interfaces, it would
also be a good excerise to define them first in terms of their use in
markup. I would tend to think that this would simplify understanding their
roles in the spec.

I also suggest keeping the order of the three others, or maybe moving
registration to last (because there is an out-of-band mechanism).