Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#101] Valid values for MarkupParams fields

I agree that current practice is the 2 char codes + '-' + country code. All
of the references I have found end up pointing at this page with both the 2
and 3 char language codes. I located the country code page and updated the
language to:

"Locale for which to generate the markup (e.g. “en-US”). Note that current
practice on the Internet uses the format [2 char language code]2 ‘-‘ [2
char country code]3  as per the provided example. The Consumer SHOULD
supply this information based on the setting the End-User has requested."

2 -  http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/langcodes.html
3 -  http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/codlstp1/en_listp1.html

                      "Tamari, Yossi"
                      <yossi.tamari@sap        To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      .com>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#101] Valid values for MarkupParams
                      10/24/2002 09:54          fields
                      AM

Hi Rich,

The locale standard we are now referencing is a 3 char language code, while
what is used by browsers, as well as Java, is a combination of a 2 char
language code and a 2 char country code, separated by either a '-' or a '_'
as you can see in the link in my original message bellow.
I suggest we adapt to the standard used by browsers.

The 0.8 spec is much better than when I raised this issue.

             Yossi.