Subject: [wsrp-wsia]=?utf-8?B?UkU6IFt3c3JwLXdzaWFdW0kjMTA2XSBQcm9wb3NlZCByZXNvbHV0?==?utf-8?B?aW9uOiBVbmlxdWVuZXNzIG9mIEVudGl0eSBIYW5kbGVz?=

Rich,

There is no contradiction. The contradiction is in the name
"registrationHandle" which is a handle which _must_ exist without

Let's look at it from the Entity Management interface POV. Somwehere buried
in that interface is the "registrationHandle". Now this handle _must_ have
meaning _without_ any need for a registration, so in essence it can't be
called "registrationHandle". That is why I proposed renaming it.

Renaming it will do the job. The question is to what?

I agree that "consumerHandle" is confusing for the reasons you pointed out.
How about "relationshipHandle"?

"relationshipHandle" works terminology-wise: "a registration creates a
relationship"; and: "the scope of every handle is the scope of the
relationship, whether determined out of band or in-band".

Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon, October 28, 2002 15:04
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] RE: [wsrp-wsia][I#106] Proposed resolution:
Uniqueness of Entity Handles

People found it confusing to have this named consumerHandle as a Consumer
MAY have several of them with any one particular Producer. You have a
contradiction between reminding us that registration is optional and
desiring this to be scoped to a registrationHandle (which is the current
statement). I could see adding a parenthetical statement extending this
uniqueness to the Producer scope for those Producer's not requiring
Consumers to register (either in-band or out-of-band).

                      Gil Tayar

                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] RE:
[wsrp-wsia][I#106] Proposed resolution:
                      10/27/2002 06:50          Uniqueness of Entity Handles

                      AM

Rich,

I believe we should not define entityHandle to be scoped to something that
is optional. What happens if no registration was done? I believe this
should
be scoped to "registrationHandle".

Actually, to go even further, I would say that registrationHandle should be
just named "consumerHandle", or maybe "consumerId" to denote its
persistence, because it may not even have created through a registration
process.