Subject: [wsrp-wsia] WSRP/WSIA TC call 11/21 - minutes

Hi Members,

here it goes:

Roll:
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Voting Members           |        Company        |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Stephen Drye (on leave)  |Art Technology Group   |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| William Cox              |BEA                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Adrian Fletcher          |BEA                    |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Gino Filicetti           |Bowstreet              |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Steven Smith             |Capitol College        |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Andre Kramer             |Citrix                 |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Monica Martin            |Drake Certivo          |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Raj Ramesh               |CommerceOne            |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Timothy N. Jones         |CrossWeave             | y |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Alan Kropp               |Epicentric             |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Nigel Ratcliffe          |Factiva                |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Madoka Mitsuoka (on      |Fujitsu                | y |
| leave)                   |                       |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Sunit Randhawa           |Fujitsu                |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Richard Jacob            |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Carsten Leue             |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Thomas Schaeck, chair    |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Rich Thompson            |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Charles Wiecha           |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Eric van Lydegraf        |Kinzan                 |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Jon Klein                |Reed-Elsivier          | y |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Adam Nolen               |Reed-Elsivier          |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Petr Palas               |Moravia IT             |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Olin Atkinson            |Novell                 |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Chris Braun              |Novell                 |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| T.J. Cox                 |Novell                 |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Michael Freedman         |Oracle                 |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Mike Hillerman           |Peoplesoft             |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Art Machado              |Peoplesoft             |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Ken Pugsley              |Peoplesoft             |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Sasha Aickin             |Plumtree               |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Jane Dynin               |Plumtree               | y |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Joseph Stanko            |Plumtree               |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Michael Young            |Plumtree               | y |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Amir Blich               |SAP                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Gennady Shumaker         |SAP                    |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Yossi Tamari             |SAP                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Rex Brooks               |Starbourne             |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Brian Dirking            |Stellent               |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Alejandro Abdelnur       |Sun Microsystems       |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Dave Clegg               |Sybase                 |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Joe Rudnicki             |U.S. Navy              |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Eilon Reshef (on leave)  |WebCollage             |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Gil Tayar                |WebCollage             |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Prospective Members      |                       |   |
| (non-voting)             |                       |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Dan Machak               |Tibco                  |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| WSIA Members             |                       |   |
| (non-voting)             |                       |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Graeme Riddell           |Bowstreet              |   |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Bruce Lucas              |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Ravi Konuru              |IBM                    | y |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Dan Gisolfi              |IBM                    |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|
| Kirk Wilson              |                       |y  |
|--------------------------+-----------------------+---|

quorum reached

1. Accept Minutes from last week
no comments, accepted
2. accept F2F minutes
no comments, accepted
3. next meeting cancelled due to USA holiday
4. start 17:30 from 12/05 on
5. issue #59
current email vote count
   21 no
   6 yes
   3 abstain
6. IPR-issue still open
   Mike: can we get an update from WebCollage?
   Gil: IBM and WebCollage!
   Thomas: IBM currently working on giving RF to the community
7. roles
   Mike: currently optional, choice whether to deal with it (prod+cons),
           producer delivers set of roles
         Mike: Should we allow the consumer to send roles at any time, even
            if producer has not published roles he undestands?
         discussion?
         Gil: getServiceDescription passes userContext, it should be
            independent of users. For each entity add a list of roles it
            supports.
         Rich: we actually have it.
         Gil: maybe we neeed to add information who is allowed to use which
            entity
         discussion...
         Rich: proposal: remove userContext from getServiceDescription to
            address Mike concerns - give people time to think about this.
7. Mike: userContext often passed mainly because only role is needed, while
profile data is not needed in those operations.
   Rich: shell we make it informational or at api level, i.e. make it
      optional and say in the spec it's not needed to be passed, or do not
      allow it to send.
      Discussion and agreement: if change then on api level
8. WSDL
   Andre: sent bug-reports to AXIS, problems JAXRPC
   problems: how to specify locales attribute xml:lang ? it is not accepted
      by AXIS
   schemaLocation attribute ? all tools have problems
   Rich: xml:lang important -> not drop it, push on AXIS to fix problems
   schemaLocation -> drop it

      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

              Richard Jacob
      IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
      Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
      Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
      Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com