Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#154] Proposed Resolution: Rename "entity" to" portlet"

My only concern is possible confusion between the management of "portlets"
in an aggregated markup page versus the actual interaction of the "portlet"
running on the Producer. I just remember the confusion at the San Jose F2F
where the term confused people as to whether we were discussing the Consumer
versus the Producer, while the spec has matured since then and we have a
better understanding we have to turn this over to the public and will this
new audience be able to understand the distinction.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:33 AM
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#154] Proposed Resolution: Rename "entity" to
"portlet"

This was a question we said at the Nov F2F that we would allow to sit for a
few weeks. Seeing as there have been no replies to this issue, I propose
that we resolve it by renaming entities to portlets throughout the spec.
This aligns with the name of the spec and thereby will help guide the
spec's readers.

Rich Thompson

                      Gil Tayar

                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#154]
Rename "entity" to "portlet" or
                      11/24/2002 06:50          "portlet type"

                      AM

Issue: 154
Date Added: 7-Nov-2002
Document Section:
As the word "entity" is too general, and because we have finally given a
name to the thing that we are "showing", why not rename entity to "portlet"
or "portlet type"