Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#201] performBlockingInteraction/performInteraction

Several people have made comments regarding the concurrency issue only
applying to the Producer hosting the entity. I would note that multiple
Producers may be hosted on a logical server site and therefore have shared
access to data through back-end databases, etc. The spec currently says
the Consumer blocks the gathering of markup from ALL entities until the
performBlockingInteraction returns.

The entity is providing guidance to the Consumer through the specification
of the operation to invoke ... the Consumer could choose to treat all
interaction invocations as blocking ....

Rich Thompson

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>
12/18/2002 12:46 PM