Subject: [wsrp-wsia] Minutes for 2 January 2003 Meeting

JSR168's meeting.  The Tuesday call is rescheduled to 6pm German time/ Noon
EST/ 9:00am Pacfic.  It will still last for 90 minutes.

The next face-to-face meeting will be 27 January to 30 January at SAP (Palo
Alto) in California.  Still finalizing the location.  Information will be
posted on the OASIS website and through the email list.

Since we did not have a quorum, no votes were taken though issues were
discussed.

#185 Remove concept of roles from the specification
	- Much of the discussion centered around whether security functions are
part of roles, as defined in the spec.
		- Security group concerned about "roles" in WSRP
		- Other groups assume there is NO trust between the Consumer and Producer
		- WSRP assumes that the Producer trusts the Consumer
	- Several people felt we should rely on existing standards and refer to
those for security
	- There is a desire by some to track the real identity of a user through
the system
	- Concern was expressed that the current way roles are defined will not
work with application servers
	- Should we change its name to something else?
		- Suggestions include: user type, user group, viewpoint, activity type,
activity
	*-* Resolved to get more name suggestions through the email list

#174 The Consumer should not assert a role for a role which the Producer
does not have
	- Postponed to next meeting

#175 Roles should be per-Entity and per-Producer
	-Postponed to next meeting

#181 Registration API - valuable to spec or out-of-band?
	- Fine for version 1.0
	- Other groups are working on issues that may replace this in the WSRP spec

#179 requestParameter semantics unclear
	- PUT vs GET
	*-* Carsten needed to see Andre's email before responding to this issue.
He will work on it Monday and post on the email list.

#187 How does POST data reach the Producer?
	- Need to resolve #179 first

#184 Non-blocking action
	- Several people said the spec does not work with JSR168
	- GetMarkup would just have the POST parameter and cannot change state
	- Changing state can only happen during a blocking-action

#169 Spec silent on page refresh
	- No way to prevent this
	- Many feel we should leave it undefined in the spec and up to the
Consumer implementation
	*-* Mike will post an email on the list for Tuesday's meeting

No other issues were brought up

Meeting ended at 12:24pm EST