Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#196] Consumer can not force consumer rewriting tobe used for URLs

Title: Message
This could be a great way to test WSRP initially. To the best of my understanding, though, such a technique would not necessarily be applicable to real-life situations. For example, if a Producer has JavaScript that executes document.location.href =" url; and the Producer takes care to create a proper JavaScript (which takes into account the provided templates), then providing the Producer with a dummy template is not guaranteed to work. (I.e., we rightfully don't demand Producers to support this hack ;-)
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 8:26 AM
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

It is quite easy to supply a default template that results in Producer URL
writing outputting the format for Consumer URL rewriting.

Rich Thompson

Gil Tayar <Gil.Tayar@webcollage.com>
12/18/2002 04:04 AM

        To:     wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
        cc:
        Subject:        [wsrp-wsia] [I#196] Consumer can not force
consumer rewriting to be used for       URLs

Issue: 196
Date Added: 18-Dec-2002
Document Section:   v0.85/9.2
In the 1.0 timeframe, it would be good, for testing and bug work arounds,
to allow the consumer to not supply templates to a producer which
indicates "doesURLTemplateProcessing", so that consumer URL rewriting is
forced to be used. [Spec says consumer MUST supply templates but all URL
templates are nilable or minOccurs="0".]
Resolution: